|Miss A's cousin, Lil Bit!|
This hair style is absolutely adorable for little girls (and big girls!) and perfect for any occasion!
- Ouchless bands (for banding)
- A brush for detangling (I used Denman D4)
- A comb for parting
- Green 1/4" Flexi-rods (6 come in each pack, I believe I used 5 packs)
- A few bobbypins
- Products for styling
I used the following products:
- Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer
- Bee Mine Curly Butter
- Curls (for Target) Curl Control Paste
(Use code: BBBSPRING for 10% off your Bee Mine Products Purchase!)
- I washed and detangled Lil Bit's hair. After washing I applied a generous amount of Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her hair from root to tip and banded her hair in 3 sections to stretch it for styling. (see photo below)
|Instagram picture. Follow us @beadsbraidsbeyond|
- I left the bands on for a few hours. I prefer keeping the bands in overnight however we did not have enough time so once I removed the bands her hair was stretched but slightly damp.
- Using my comb, I parted a circle on the top of her head and tied it off. This section of hair is where I wanted the curls to be.
- At the nape of her neck I began parting at a slight curve coming up to the top section of hair I had previously parted. I added a small amount of Bee Mine Curly Butter to each section I cornrowed and tied off each cornrow with a rubberband.
- Once all of her cornrows were in I grabbed the 1/4" green flexi-rods, applied an even amount of Curls Control Paste to 1 to 2 inch sections and rolled the flexi-rod on to the hair. Instead of bending the rods I simply put a hair tie on the ends to hold them in place. See picture below.
- Her hair was already dry at this point so there was no heat involved. I never use heat when I use flexi-rods anyway which is why I use a product with good hold. I leave the flexi-rods in long enough for the curl to shape. I left these flexi-rods in for about an hour and a half while she played tea party with her cousins and sister.
- After an hour and a half I gently rolled off each flexirod and used 3 bobby pins to pin any falling curls to the front.
- I added a small bow and viola! Beautiful!
Lil Bit absolutely loved her hair! She said she felt like she was in heaven and danced in front of the mirror for a good 30 minutes. Pleased indeed.
A few extras just in case you want to pin them on Pinterest!
Bonus! Stop by the blog later to see how I achieved Ky's twist out! (pictured below)
Looking forward to seeing you there! :)